Saturday, September 10, 2016

Stitching in Cow Town, Texas...

Hello and long time no see......
 
My apologies for the disappearing act but so much has been going on that I'll probably just buzz in and buzz out until I can get settled in another month or so and get back to my regular blogging schedule.  Lots of wonderful changes in my world recently.  I got a new job and started June 1st...WOOHOO!  Subsequently, in the last month I've sold my home and bought a new one...well both are underway since it takes a while....and at the end of September I will be moving to the beautiful hill country of Texas!  I've been wanting to do that for so long and finally am blessed to have the opportunity.  
 
If you've moved you house, you know why I haven't had time to blog.  If you've changed jobs and started a new one, you know why I haven't had time to blog.  And if you have family to care for, then you know why I haven't had time to blog.  I'm in that "sandwich" period of life where you still have kiddos to take care of (at least a little bit) and you add taking care of your lovely parents.  While both are an honor that I don't take lightly and I appreciate with my whole heart, it can be taxing and time-consuming. 
 
No excuses, just explanations.  I feel so extremely blessed and privileged right now that I'm constantly moved to tears.  Really, even the work of dealing with family and moving and all that is just such a gift that I'm just grateful...very grateful. 
 
So, I hope to get back to stitching and blogging once I get settled into my new home in October.  Stay tuned...
 
Meanwhile, I did get away for a little stitching retreat.  I met a friend in Ft. Worth, Texas to take a long-awaited class with Julia Snyder.  I've been lucky enough to have taken her classes before and she never disappoints!  Plus, it's just so much stinkin' fun!  If only I could just hook up some type of line between her brain and mine and dump the contents over....whew!  I can't write fast enough to catch all the brilliant tips she keeps tossing out!  Thanks, Julia!  Love you!
 
It's always fun to pick a canvas so far in advance that you are just super excited to actually see what canvas you ordered when you arrive at a retreat like this!  This time, I picked a Vicki Sawyer canvas of a giant (seriously, this canvas is BIG) sheep head with a crown of flowers and bird perched on her head. 
 
 
 
Isn't this fantastic??????   So many awesome ideas already.  Hopefully I can actually find a little time for stitch relief while I finish packing up my house to move in a couple weeks.  Otherwise, we all have to wait until October for this fancy reveal. 
 
I hope this post finds you all well and that summer treated you as well as it did me.  Looking forward to Fall and lots of stitching in my new home and new blog posts so don't give up on me yet!   
 
Happy stitching!
Suzanne

1 comment:

mskathk said...

So glad to see you back despite your schedule! Attitude is everything, and I appreciate your positive outlook!