Wednesday, March 30, 2016

"Silly Goose"

Being called a "silly goose" was a common thing around our house when my daughter was young.  I love the Scott Church Creative silly creatures and loved this particular one as soon as I saw it.  This weekend I splurged - had to go out of town unexpectedly and needed to take a stitching project with me so, of course, that was as good a reason as any to buy a new canvas/threads, right?  I thought so....

I have a pretty good start on him:


I knew I wanted an open background and the Threadworx metallic was beautiful!  It looks much better in person.  You can see the little flower design better toward the bottom of the canvas.  I have tiny pink beads that will top off the center of each of those for just the right look.  I will add some white Fuzzy Stuff thread around the bunny ears.  The pink inside part of his ears was done in Very Velvet in Interlocking Gobelin.  I stitched it over 2, but probably should have stitched it over 3 - probably won't be ripping and re-stitching it though.

It was a perfect size project for the weekend - and next weekend, LOL.  

Stay tuned and I will show you more!

XOXO,
Suzanne

2 comments:

M&Co. said...

I just saw that canvas this morning and mused how cute it was!

Suzanne said...

It's relatively new and I liked it immediately! If it turns out great, i will post a stitch guide. Fingers crossed...