Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Still beading....

I'm still working on the beaded blue crab and making good progress....I know many have been curious so here's a few more shots of my progress....

Got the head completely beaded - hoping that being fully beaded as opposed to brick beaded that it would help the head to stand out and up off the canvas a bit to look more substantial.  I think it worked.



I was waiting for more coral beads since I ran out - I didn't "guesstimate" the quantity very well on that section.   Worked on the "water" for a while.  The canvas was painted with the green waves at the top of the section but then was solid blue.  So I decided to change it up a bit and try to use two colors with a little more visual interest.  Here's what I came up with:


Notice the darker aqua "waves" I added?  I will be adding more of this darker color toward the bottom of the section to weight it down a bit and add a little more color and interest.

Below is a picture of how I work when I'm beading.  I use double-stick tape along the edges of the canvas to store my beads.  It's easy to grab with my needle and easy to clean up.  


So far so good!   Stay tuned for more!

XOXO,
Suzanne



4 comments:

Catherine Stroup said...

It is interesting to see a piece this big completely beaded! I look forward to seeing the completed project. Glad you are finally back in action!

Texas stitcher said...

we
WOW!!!! I am i in awe ofbboth your talent and your patience! Great piece.

Texas stitcher said...

we
WOW!!!! I am i in awe ofbboth your talent and your patience! Great piece.

Suzanne said...

Thanks!