Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas from my home to yours!

Well, first and foremost, thanks to all of you who reached out to touch base with me and make sure I was okay since I've been missing in action on this blog.  I'm just on a little hiatus I guess.  I haven't stitched since the last time I blogged but I plan to remedy that in 2016 and get back with the program.  I had some illness set me back for a few months that was not stitching-conducive.  And then I got busy making some custom stockings for a family member.  So now it's Christmas and my daughter arrived yesterday.  We put the tree up last night and this year will be the first time ever that I have needlepoint ornaments on my tree!  I'm so excited.  I still have quite a few with the finisher and whole bucket full that still need to go to a finisher so maybe next year there will be even more! 






We opted not to put balls or anything else this year - I kinda like it sparse so you can see everything.  This is a new tree to us so it could still use some "fluffing" and adjusting.  We have some sentimental Radko mercury glass ornaments and then the new needlepoint ornaments and that's all...perhaps I need to get some more finished!

And I also put my 12 Days of Christmas pears on the mantle garland...love it!  The garland is also new to us this year and I bought it for the purpose of displaying my pear set.  I want to add lights and I need to fluff it some more after it settles down, then get the pears situated and affixed really well - next year, it should be perfect! 






From my heart to yours, I wish you the happiest Christmas ever...and a very prosperous and wonderful New Year!


See ya in '16....XOXO
Suzanne

3 comments:

Catherine Stroup said...

Hey you are back in action! The oddest thing just happened. I haven't been clicking on your link for some time now, but it is still on my favorites screen. I accidentally clicked on it today....and low and behold looks like your first post was today! You must have an angel who was tapping on my shoulder! I'll start clicking again! :) Happy Holidays!

Mari M said...

Welcome back. Hope you're feeling better. Health comes first!! Merry Christmas to you and your family and a great New Year. Looking forward to your posts and projects.

dean said...

wonderful!