Sunday, May 10, 2015

a departure into.....MOD PODGE love!

Between stitching projects, there are so many other creative endeavors that I just love and Mod Podge ranks right up there with knitting and sewing and scrapbooking and chalk-painting...I know...I need to be rich and need to have a huge studio at home in which to create amazing stuff every day.  For sure.
 
Here is one of my favorites:

 
 
I stole this idea from my daughter who loves to make dear and thoughtful gifts for her friends.  She has done similar projects several times so I decided to give it a try.  I used an old cosmetics box that was still in good shape as the base.  Having done a smaller version before, I learned that it's difficult to wrap the photos around edges and you don't want them exposed, so I painted just the edges of the box with black acrylic paint before attaching any pictures.  I copied pictures over her lifetime to a word document to shrink them and just printed them on plain paper in black & white.  Cut them all out and use Elmer's glue to attach to the box.  Once all the pictures are arranged and at least semi-stuck in place, use a paint brush to start adding light layers of Mod Podge over the entire thing.  I used clear Mod Podge for most of the layers but added one light layer of Sparkle Podge to give a little something extra. 


 
 
The inside of the box is covered completely with Sparkle Podge (which makes it a little hard to photograph with a flash) and few more pictures of us together.  I also printed phrases and quotes that remind me of her to put on the inside. 

 
 
Really, these projects are so much fun to do and create such a legacy gift for a special person in your life.   You should try it!
 
XOXO,
Suzanne

No comments: