Monday, November 10, 2014

Santa has a new suit...just in time for the big day!


Finished the Santa Suit pillow!   It was a little more of a challenge than I originally thought.  You definitely have to count carefully when doing composite stitches like this but once you get it, the rhythm is really fun.   Was able to stitch each night while watching the Hallmark Christmas movie marathon that I saved on the DVR.  These stitch selections also had a LOT more basketweave than I realized....whew!   But I love BW with the Vineyard Silk.  My favorite thread in this was the Fyreworks in the belt.  I always love Fyreworks...it lays so nicely and has just enough sparkle. 
 
Here is a pic as it might look in pillow form with a feather boa trim...
 
 
I had a great time stitching and have a plan to stitch another on 18-count in burgundy/silver buckle...that one will be beautiful I'm sure!  
 
Don't you just love it when your stitching projects get you in the mood for Christmas?  
 
XOXO,
Suzanne
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

Diane Gasior said...

absolutely beautiful! Just perfect.

FrenchTeacher said...

Suzanne, this is stunning. Would you kindly share your PDF file of the stitches?
Deb

Suzanne said...

Deb - email me at suzannehks@aol.com

Thanks!

Alexandra C. Reed said...

Hi! This is so beautiful. Just came across this looking for inspiration for a santa project I'm working on. Do you have that PDF file of the stitches still? I'd be so grateful. Thanks!

Suzanne said...

It's available on my Stitching Plans page - click the link at the top of my blog and you will see the entire list along with the pdf link for this piece. thanks! If you continue to have problems, use the comment box on the right side of the blog and I can email it to you.

Alexandra C. Reed said...

Thank you!