Saturday, November 1, 2014

Santa has a belt and buckle.....

Completed the awesome belt and super sparkly buckle for Mr. Santa's suit!

The belt is Vineyard Merino basketweave and Fyreworks Soft Sheen in black for the satin stitch borders and corner smyrnas that are double stacked so that it pops up a little!  The buckle is brick-stitched with gold beads and I think it turned out nice. 

I had to roll up the bottom in order to reach the top portion to stitch.  I just shortened the side stretcher bars and reattached it....getting close to a finish!


Stay tuned....Santa should have an outfit very soon. 

Yep, I sit "Indian style" on my extra large couch to stitch with my sit-on frame.  I reckon that it won't be long before I have to graduate to a floor stand and sit like a normal person my age....but until then, this is my happy place. 

XOXO,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Diane Gasior said...

Your work is the work that's amazing. If only the left side of my brain worked like yours. I cannot wait for it to be finished.

Suzanne said...

Thanks, lovely.