Wednesday, November 12, 2014

a chocolate Easter bunny hopped in last weekend....

I've been wanting to stitch a chocolate Easter bunny for a really long time.  I've seen them constantly on the web or facebook in every shade of background and a various array of stitch choices.  So, I finally ordered one and here is how it went...  

 
Originally planned to stitch the background in my favorite aqua blue using Mandarin Floss but as I was selecting a stitch and finally decided on this good 'ole Corduroy stitch - stitched in columns with one over 1 thread and the next over 2 - I decided to use two colors.   So I picked a lime green and an aqua blue Splendor silk from my stash.   I like the way it turned out.  In the picture above, you can see that I struggled with the stitch for the chocolate body.  I have seen several that used the oriental stitch you see at the top and although I like it, I wasn't enjoying stitching it.  It was a little too complicated for both the piece and my mood.  I didn't think it would look as nice against the striped background I picked either.  So I tried a few out (do you do that?) and then picked the Giant Diagonal Scotch and I really like the way it turned out.  I didn't stitch the "back" ear differently so I had to add a little stem/outline stitch to separate the ears more after I finished the scotch.  Tried to make the pink in his ear look like candy....it turned out cute and sparkly.
 
Then I added a pretty bow around his neck and look what I finished over the weekend...
 
 
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE it so much!   Now I really need to pick some more Easter canvases - it's one of my favorite holidays. 
 
XOXO,
Suzanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is SO cute. I love it (and the stitch you used - perfect).
Who is the canvas' designer?

Suzanne said...

Thanks! Its' from Ewe & Eye & Friends.

Diane Gasior said...

It turned out beautiful. Mine is at the finisher as we speak and I am very excited to get "her" back.