Thursday, July 17, 2014

That little blue box...

Every girl would love a little gift from Tiffany and Co. at least once in their life, right?


I love this little "ornament".  While this canvas can be finished as a box that opens, I just made it into a little gift ornament for all-year-round.   It was fun to just stitch an entire piece in one stitch/thread...therapeutic, you know?   I simply did a basketweave on the white ribbon and stitched over the painted bow with the aqua pattern so that I could have the finisher put this simple white satin ribbon around it just like Tiffanys does.   I found the sterling silver charm on eBay that is the classic "Please return to Tiffany & Co" motto.  I love this little gem.  It's one of the few I've ever actually sent off to the finisher.  I gave it my darling daughter as a gift so it hangs on a little individual ornament holder - very cute indeed.
 
All the girls are stitching projects at my house so I will have new completions to show soon.  I also already broke my vow, but just ever so slightly.  This is the second year in a row that I promised myself I would finish all the canvases that have been started before buying something new for myself...well, then I should have stayed away from Pocket Full of Stitches this week!  But when you need one skein of thread, what do you do?  And it is Christmas in July at PFOS in Lubbock this week (25% off) so if there is a canvas you are hankering for, now would be a good time to call.   Not to be a fellow enabler or anything....
 
I will show my little surprise soon.  It's absolutely adorable...so adorable that you are going to want to call and order one for yourself!  Stay tuned...
 
XOXO,
Suzanne
 

3 comments:

Diane Gasior said...

Suzanne, would love to know who this canvas is by. Just love it.

Suzanne said...

Me, too, Diane...meaning I'd love to know whose canvas...LOL

I will ask PFOS if they know. I cannot remember at all...but it is indeed one of my favorites.

Diane Gasior said...

Hey Sandy had the canvas in her sale pile this weekend. A Bradley. Can I ask you what the color and type of blue thread you used?

Thank you,
Diane