Thursday, June 26, 2014

Be a DG!

Remember this fun little canvas I bought last year (can't believe I didn't stitch for almost a year) at the sorority canvas trunk sale at The Needleworks in Austin?  It's a Betsy B. Original canvas and I absolutely love it!


Well, I finally stitched it up for my precious Delta Gamma daughter!   I like the way it turned out...not as fond of the way the picture turned out but it will have to do for now.  I guess I really will have to start using my actual camera again.  And maybe put a little more effort into it.  These days our iPhones are always right there handy so you don't even have to get out of your stitching spot to snap a pic.   Lazy, huh?



This piece was a really therapeutic canvas to stitch.  I first did criss-cross Hungarian for the background using Soie and Kreinik.   Then over a basketweave on the letters, I added some turquoise shimmer sequins with beads.  I used a cotton rope to pad the outside border and then laid white and navy flair over it so it sits up really high.  Fun stuff!

XOXO,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Cindy Minick said...

Looks great Suzanne! Love all your inventive ideas, the sequins over basketweave and the cotton rope. I will have to give these ideas a try.

Suzanne said...

Thanks so much! It was really fun. :)