Monday, March 17, 2014

"Who"ville...?

Definitely not the most conventional of stitch selections....most folks would have looked at this awesome Peter Ashe canvas as ethereal Russian architecture which is most surely how he meant it when it was designed.   I, however, saw something completely different on first glance and decided to just have fun with it. 
 
It didn't all turn out exactly as I imagined but close.   I really like the dimension and the add-ons...and yes, that it a "hi-ho-cherry-o" in the middle at the top.  LOL
 
The spires are padded and have laid satin stich over them to make them pop.   The rooftop snow was a giant challenge and while not perfect, at least it's fun!   I used cotton batting to puff it up before stitching over it.   I had to completely redo most of them at least once because I just couldn't figure out how to get the 'direction' right.  All in all, it was so much fun to stitch and isn't that the point?

 

Hope you are having fun with your projects and not always giving in to how something is "supposed to" be stitched.   "Who" decides that but you?    LOL

XOXO,
Suzanne

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

It looks like Candyland to me, but regardless what it is, that looks like you had a great time!

NCPat said...

This is darling!