Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Legacy of love from my Grandmother...

I've been working on the Monster's Ball background piece but I haven't taken any photos yet.   I will try to get to that this week before I have to go out of town.  I'll be moving my daughter out of the dorm this next week....should get my exercise in.   Stay tuned....

While you are waiting, I will show you the mini-masterpieces that started my stitching obsession when I was only 7 or 8 years old.   My beloved Grandmother taught me to do embroidery as a very young child.  Here are two of those pieces.   I was so proud of the girl in bed because I learned how to french knot her hair and to make lace sleeves on her gown..I really thought I was hot stuff for sure!



Gotta admit...I love these pieces.  So happy that I still have them after almost 40 years!   I definitely need to get them framed or something.   Too precious for words, huh?

XOXO,
Suzanne

7 comments:

Goldylox99 said...

Wow, Suzanne! These are amazing! What wonderful memories, and fabulous stitching!

Suzanne said...

Thank you! It's fun to trip down memory lane. :)

Karen said...

Love the girl in bed. Giving an attagirl to your little-girl self. Thanks for sharing those.

Diane Gasior said...

Oh Suzanne, you bring back so many memories for me. I wish I knew what happened to half of my things I made when I was little. I do have the crewel clock I made my Mom, when I was in the tenth grade. Other than that, most things are gone.

Suzanne said...

I know...it's so sad that we don't keep up with things a little better. I have a trunk full of stuff from my daughter's childhood hoping that someday she will treasure it as much as I do.

DedriaDesign said...

Suzanne, these 2 pieces are so sweet! I think you definitely need to frame them.

Suzanne said...

I completely agree...doing this has inspired me and reminded me that most folks don't have these kind of treasures from their youth. I'm officially putting it on my to-do list! :) XOXO