Friday, May 24, 2013

Lake Austin love...

I recently had the privilege to help my daughter move out of the dorm at the University of Texas in Austin.  And yes, it was a privilege...hard work but what a treasure.  It's crazy that it's been two years already.  We actually had a really great time in Austin...we ate almost every meal outside which you definitely can't do in west Texas unless you like sand in your food and items to blow off the table.  We made regular trips to a darling coffee shop called Mozart's so we could sip Frappucinos on the deck overlooking the lake.   It was relaxing and such a treat, especially considering that most of my drinks lately are spinach or beet juice...LOL



This picture was us on Mother's Day at the lake.  Good times!

It's my dream to move to the lake and I love both Lake Austin and Lake LBJ in the Texas Hill Country.   Maybe I'll stitch a Lake Austin needlepoint ornament so the Law of Attraction can get to work for me!  It's so wonderful that Austin has such a treasure right smack in the middle of the city.   We sat for hours and watched boats full of folks pull in to the docks right outside these fun restaurants.  So refreshing.  Hope all you mothers out there had as wonderful a Mother's Day as we did.  :)

XOXO,
Suzanne

1 comment:

DedriaDesign said...

I bet the two of you had a wonderful time!