Monday, April 29, 2013

Progress in Pink...

I've made a little progress over the weekend on my little architectural piece.  I finished all the pink background and am still struggling with what to do on the design.   I tried beading twice and pulled it out.  I don't necessarily want it to be sparkly so I'm still searching for just the right thread and just the right stitch to make it pop off the canvas a little bit.  Wish me luck...

I still haven't started the Monster's Ball background but might try that tonight since I have what I need and I'm stumped on this other one.  

Hope you got to stitch some this weekend!
XOXO,
Suzanne

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

A little pop but not glitzy? Ok, how about a different texture? Got any gray Flair? You could use packed stem stitch to do those curves.

Silk Lame Braid has three shades of silver in the 18 count size. That would give a little sparkle. How about mosaic stitch on the diagonal?
http://www.threadneedlestreet.com/Mosaic.html

You can do all tent stitch but skip a stitch occasionally and when you are done, go back and add a silver Kreinik stitch in the missing spots here and there. Or you could all basketweave the area and then outline it in one ply of red with back stitches. Use the same dark red from the background or even run wild and use lime green metallic.

Lots you can do with this. Good luck and have fun trying this and that.