Monday, March 4, 2013

Mr. Bones

Who knew a lil' skeleton could be so cute?


It was actually refreshing to do this little guy in mostly all basketweave.  Of course, I added a little flair with the flower on his black velvet hat!   This is my third or fourth series (club) and I've learned over the course of stitching the last two sets all at one time that I really enjoy stitching all the background first....before I stitch any of the actual pattern.  I often wonder about the stitching habits of others.  

XOXO,
Suzanne

3 comments:

Goldylox99 said...

I learned that I prefer to stitch the background first, too. It's much easier to count through the central design before it's stitched and to compensate.

Great piece. So happy!

Suzanne said...

Thanks! You are right...it really does make the compensation easier. :)

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I almost always do the background first. But I think that's rare. We are in a minority.