Friday, March 15, 2013

Camel - Children's Christmas Pageant

Here is the first in the series...the Camel. 

I elected to do the multi-cultural version of the children in this series which is so precious.   It's a fun set of little ones all dressed up for the nativity.  It was a really good stitch guide from Pocket Full of Stitches and the canvases are from A Collection of Designs.   It's an oldie but a goodie so here is the link: http://www.pfos.com/ChristmasClubs/Our%20Children's%20Pageant/page1.HTM.  


I will eventually display all the adorable little characters with a creche and hanging angel - you'll see her soon. 


I really liked this one because of the detail on the saddle and the harness of the camel and I especially liked the detached buttonhole for the little girl's socks.  If only I had red patent leather for the shoes.... !  I was supposed to give the boy darker skin for the hispanic look but I forgot and continued stitching the light skin by accident.  woops.  All in all, I think it turned out great.  

XOXO,
Suzanne

No comments: