Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thinking of spring...


Cold days of winter make us long for bright and cheerful spring things.  It was about 12 degrees in west Texas when I woke up this morning but the sun is coming out now and warming things up a bit.  

This is one of the first pieces I ever stitched.   I've been thinking about how differently I would probably stitch it today.   It's about 10-inches square so I think I'll make a pillow.  I was pretty new at beading techniques, too.   Sometimes it's fun to see how far we've come and what we learn from each other...and amazing stitch guide writers.  :)

XOXO,
Suzanne

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Gorgeous! It' s a lot nicer than MY first piece, which is rather triangular instead of a rectangle. Thanks for showing it off. Obviously, you were born to needlepoint.