Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Keep Austin Weird

I love Austin, Texas and I love the UT Longhorns in case you didn't already know that!

I loved this little Austin canvas the minute I saw it at my LNS - and it was a lot of fun to do.  There were a couple of boots in the bottom corners that I stitched over and something I couldn't identify in upper left part of the border.   I chose to just paint over and stitch a more plain orange border with Trebizond - one of my most favorite threads.  Most of this design I kept very simple and easy but I have to say that I love how my guitar turned out!   It will be a really cute ornament for our UT tree someday!


Hope you are stitching something fun this week!  As per usual, I'm all over the map.  I started a Melissa Shirley double-sided Fisherman Santa so I'll post progress on that one.  I'm still working on my fruit pieces from Melissa Shirley as well - need to get those knocked out so I can send to the framer.  I can't wait to have them in my kitchen. 

I've been knitting simple but really soft cotton wash/dish cloths for gifts so I'll post that, too, in case any of you are also knitters.  Seems like so many of us are both.  I've decide that I have to work on my stash...both canvases for needlepoint and yarn for knitting.  I'm overwhelmed with the stock I have so I am really going to try to knock it out in 2013!

XOXO,
Suzanne

5 comments:

KayTee said...

Trebizond? I have to say it is one on my most dreaded fibers. What do you do to keep it from curling etc?

Suzanne said...

Well, I have no idea. I like that I don't have to lay it and it's shiny and different once stitched. And it comes in such pretty colors. I do use short pieces for sure. I bet that helps. My favorite stitch with Trebizond is Backstitched Herringbone...it's really fun!

XOXO

Steph's Stitching said...

Hook 'em, Horns!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Wonderful Austin ornament! I am sure you are doing your part to keep Austin weird.

Suzanne said...

You KNOW it! LOL