Monday, December 10, 2012

Goin' Fishin' with Santa

I started the double-sided Fisherman Santa.  I've never done a two-sided project before so this is exciting. 

I've only completed the background and the plaid shirt but I have a good start.   I'm gathering ideas for the other parts and I guess I'll just stitch what appeals to me at the time.  Knitting Christmas gifts is getting in my stitching way at the moment. 


Just in case anyone is ever wondering what all the random holes in the canvas edges of my project are....well, I've developed a bit of a not-necessarily-bad habit over the years.   I mostly use a thumb trolley for a laying tool and I tend to park it all ove the place by just ramming it into the canvas around the edges as a temporary place holder until I need to grab it again.  It doesn't fall out and get lost and it's within easy reach.   Maybe not the best thing to do but it works for me and if nothing else, one can spot a Suzanne canvas from across the room.  LOL

I'm sure I'm not the only one with 'bad' or 'weird' needlepoint habits.  And I"m sure that were a few of you who have noticed and been wondering what those holes were. 

XOXO,
Suzanne

5 comments:

Needlework: The constant thread said...

I really enjoy your blog!!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

I wasn't wondering. I am not very observant (or maybe was just drooling over your stitch choices).

I park my trolley needle and needles on magnets. I have a serious magnet addiction.

Carole said...

I always do the same thing with my trolley ! It works and that is the important thing! Love your background and can't wait to see him finished!
Carole in cold LA.

Carole said...

I always do the same thing with my trolley ! It works and that is the important thing! Love your background and can't wait to see him finished!
Carole in cold LA.

Suzanne said...

Great stitchers think alike....