Friday, November 30, 2012

more Turkey Work for the fans...

Haven't had much time for stitching this week since I got back from beautiful Ruidoso, New Mexico for Thanksgiving.   I have made a little progress on the Shop 'til you Drop canvas and have stitched a neat flying reindeer piece on 13-count...should have it to show soon in it's final form IF I can get the beaded snowflakes figured out...they are much harder than I expected. 

Since I don't have new pics, I will show you another of my favorite completed Christmas ornaments that has some really fun turkey work on it.  I used Gumnuts/Poppies in several colors and trimmed to sculpt it according to the pattern.   I love the way it turned out.  She's my favority Snow-Lady!  Her dress is Very Velvet and the background is open with Kreinik.  Fun stuff!


I am also planning to knit some this weekend.  I have planned to give hand-knitted washcloths/dishcloths for Christmas gifts and I suddenly realized that it's DECEMBER already!   Wow how time flies when you're having fun. 

TGIF and have a wonderful weekend!

XOXO,
Suzanne

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for popping by my blog! Your Turkey Work is great! Fun blog.
Kimberly

Sheena said...

Hi Suzanne, I love your Snowlady. I am a fan of turkey work and yours looks great. Like you I give knitted things away, and need to get started on a couple, luckily they are so much faster!

Suzanne said...

Thank you! I really like turkey work for some crazy reason. ...and knitting!