Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mischievous Rudolph


You know how sometimes you love a canvas so much that you think you want to do it again?   And then 99% of the time you get over it and realize you were just kidding?  Well, this is the only canvas I have ever actually bought twice.   Now, I haven't stitched the second one yet but I think I will start it soon.  This adorable canvas is 13-count so that helps to make it go fast and allow for some fun threads and patterns in the background.  I thought that I might try some completely different stitches on the second one and give it as a gift for Christmas.   Maybe.

Do you give away your needlepoint?  Katherine from Boots and Beads recently wrote a post about the inner struggle we all have when considering giving away our needlepoint as a gift.   I feel the same way...I've given away a lot of needlepoint in the past few years and every single time, I ask myself all those nagging questions....will they really appreciate it ?...do they have any idea how long it took me to do this?...or how expensive it is?...will they take proper care of it?    What a HORROR it would be if my needlepoint masterpiece ended up in a garage sale or on eBay?  

Well, while I do think about it a lot, I do still give away needlepoint.  Last year I gave one of my best friends a Raymond Crawford piece that I completed as a class at Pocket Full of Stitches in Lubbock.  I know she appreciates it and will take really good care of it.  :)  


XOXO,
Suzanne

P.S.  I almost finished my weekend daisy banner but I ran out of beads so I should post the finish tomorrow!  It's really cute.....so stay tuned!

8 comments:

katherine said...

cute little rudolph! i'm hoping as my stitch career spans that i'll learn to be less grinchy and give more!

NCPat said...

Love the Raymond Crawford piece! Exquisite!

Suzanne said...

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving! XOXO

carolsylvester said...

Can you share the name and designer of the Santa/Rudolph canvas? It IS cute! And your background is the PERFECT stitch for it.

Steph's Stitching said...

I have stitched one canvas three times. Once for me and two others for friends. It was Painted Pony's Nativity Angel with an incredible stitch guide by Diana Bosworth at The French Knot. I completely understand. Love the blog>

Sheena said...

I tend not to stitch things twice. But Rudolph and Santa are fun! Your friend is really lucky to get such a fabulous gift. I generally give ornaments away :)

Kimberly said...

Funny you would blog about restitching this week. Just yesterday I began contemplating the same. My own design, the original was stolen from a display...frame and all. At first the thought of this just seemed impossible, guess it has been long enough now...the sting is gone. I may even explore another colorway. Have a great weekend, I love your Santa with his silver curl.

Suzanne said...

This canvas is by Meri Meri and it's on 13-count.

Stitches fast and is a perfect opportunity to use those larger threads that we often don't get to use on 18-count. I might have my stitch guide (IF I wrote it up) if anyone is interested. I can probably look at my piece and create one if necessary. Thank for all the fun comments!

XOXO, Suzane