Monday, November 26, 2012

It's the shopping season....

so here's my "Shop 'till you Drop" canvas I just started...



Not the best pictures but I snapped them with my phone last night.  I stitched with Perle cotton for the background yellow and white.  Nuboko for the yellow (which is great because the subtle shading shows through around the edges) and diagonal Cashmere for the white -both are enjoyable for me and I think it will be a good look that will be varied from what I'm going to use for the bags. 

Just wondering if I'm the only person that hops from project to project....it seems that so many of you get tons of projects finished in record time.  I tend to start something and stitch the parts I really like or am in the mood to stitch and then I put it down and pick up something else.  I will say that I had a phase for a few months last year where I got out everything single thing I had "started" and completed it.  Boy, I turned out quite a few projects in that period of time but mostly because they were almost done or at least partly done.  Of course that just gave me license to buy some more canvases...I'm sure some of you can relate. 

Anyway...I guess as long as I'm enjoying what I'm stitching, that's what counts.

XOXO,
Suzanne

P.S.  Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  We had a wonderful vegetarian feast in Ruidoso, New Mexico...complete with shopping extravaganza!    Fun times had by all...

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Happy Thanksgiving! This one is going to be fun, especially now when we are frantically trying to pick the perfect Christmas presents.

mskathk said...

I also jump from project to project.
Part of the problem is inspiring blogs like yours!

Suzanne said...

Thank you!