Friday, November 2, 2012

i LOVE LOVE LOVE Frank Beilec designs from Maggie & Co!

I've done several of Frank's designs for Christmas...here are two of my absolute favorite:

This one is called "Celestial Snow Cones".

This precious little canvas was both fun and challenging and I absolutely love it! I learned a new technique for the stumpwork/needlewoven leaves in the garland around his neck.  I couldn't be happier with the way the sheep's wool turned out but I'm almost positive that I put in over 3 million french knots!  While that might be a slight exaggeration, you can't imagine how many are packed in there...it'll make your fingers bleed but it's beautiful and textural...a perfect choice for this canvas!

This one is called "Take Jolly and Stuff It". 

His designs are so much fun and are really in line with my style.  The Elf canvas is right up there at the top of my list for being so darn cute and the most enjoyable to plan and to stitch.   I wrote the guide for this myself if anyone is interested in it.   I used felt for the collar and the buttons and it worked perfectly.  I added jingle bells and sequins w/beads on the background over a t-stitch.  The hair is memory thread and the words are beaded individually.   I stitched this in one weekend because I was simply too excited to put it down.  It's large but I'm still going to have it made into an ornament for my tree I think....eventually.

I am a fan..I'd love to meet Frank someday and give him a big 'ole hug - he just seems the type. 

XOXO,
Suzanne

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Both of these pieces are amazing! Makes me want to go to my LNS and order both of them right now!

Steph's Stitching said...

Just adorable. You are very talented!