Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Daisy Banner Ta-Da

I finished the Daisy Banner!  

Love the plant trellis stitch that Amy Bunger selected for the flower petals...I never would have thought to do that stitch or to use the velvet in it.   It was a little difficult to compensate but overall, I like it.  I decided to use a fuzzy stuff edge and bead the center and I like they way it turned out.  I really enjoy beading so I knew I would rather sew on a thousand beads than make that many buillions.  I used silk ribbon to wrap the stem and I'm almost tempted to redo it so it doesn't stick up so much. 

I still think there is nothing like a giant photograph of your needlepoint to make you realize there are a few places you can touch up.    I tend to think it's fantastic until I see it blown up on the computer screen.  Does anyone else feel that way?  

It's a fun and happy little piece that I will be able to enjoy all year long.  Which reminds me that I need to post a picture of my silver ornament tree that I plan to leave up all year long and just trade the ornaments out. 

XOXO,
Suzanne


2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The camera (and my scanner) see things differently than I do. I use them as a tool to find missed stitches and things that don't look quite the way I thought they did. It's just like having a critical friend come eyeball your stitching. I find their point of view helpful, although frustrating at times!

Suzanne said...

So true...at least I'm not alone.