Friday, October 19, 2012

UT Longhorn Santa

I am almost finished with a large UT Longhorn Santa (by Carol Dupree).  This was my project at a recent retreat at Pocket Full of Stitches in Lubbock, Texas.   I'm pretty happy with the way it's  turning out.  I used a real buckle for his belt...love that!   I have a feather for his cap and a UT badge for his jacket.   I'm making, or attempting to make, some longhorn buttons for his boots....stay tuned on that one.   The first picture is after the turkey-work was stitched but before I trimmed it up....gotta love me some turkey-work!


  I will post the completed product soon....complete with a soft blue-gray background.  Eventually he will be finished as a weighted stand-up.  :)   XOXO, Suzanne

4 comments:

Steph's Stitching said...

What a transformation!

Suzanne said...

Thanks! It's funny to have before-and-after turkeywork. :)

mskathk said...

I also love his beard. What fiber did you use?

Suzanne said...

Thanks! It's padded and then long stitches in each area with Fuzzy Stuff...then I fluffed it up with my Bunca Brush. :)