Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Completed lemons...almost

Well, I had a chance to work on the flower buds on my lemon canvas.  I haven't done a lot of ribbon embroidery so it's a bit of a challenge.  I know I'm certainly not taking it out and re-doing it!  All I have left is the bumble bee wings (and legs)...tried memory wire with mesh and didn't like it.   I might try water and ice or fyreworks tonight unless I can find the right wired ribbon.  I worked on the leaves and just decided to basketweave them...then I decided to add some backstitching on the top...then I decided to add some ribbon on top for the veins....not sure if I like it or not.  I've been trying to use threads from my stash and I haven't always had the perfect color/fiber so I might need to work on it a little more.  I have another canvas I'm ready to start working on so I am trying to wrap up the fruit!  :)

Here is the "almost" final pic:

XOXO,
Suzanne

No comments: