Sunday, October 21, 2012

Christmas on the beach

This little Christmas beach cutie is from a designer named Suzanne - another fun eBay find. I've never heard of her but I like her name!



I redid the palm leaves several times before using silk ribbon and I do like they way those turned out. I also didn't make the bark as perfect as I should have but I figured I was going to wrap it in christmas lights so it's okay. I need to do a little more work on the packages and the chair since I seemed to have gotten off a little bit so I'm not really happy with those. I stitched the chair in tent trying so hard to follow the painted area but it just was impossible since it clearly wasn't stitch-painted.  I also need to work on the hat I guess...it looks so huge and out of proportion to the chair...guess I got a little carried away on it...LOL...perhaps I just need to tone down the fur at the top since the body of the hat seems to match what is painted?


I used a sky, a sand, and a cloud stitch from the Stitch Landscape iPhone app and I'm happy with those. They were a little tedious to keep track of but I like a challenge and I enjoyed that it was something "different." I am debating now on what to do about the Christmas lights - I wish I had a little tiny dollhouse version of a light strand - I have some similar individual light bulbs but they are too big. I guess I could just use beads and "string" and wrap them. I don't know what size/shape to use - I just have regular #11 and #14 beads in my stash. All of the threads/supplies I've used so far were from my leftovers so my current plan to bust my stash is working pretty good!

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Isn't it funny how you think something looks pretty darn good until you post a big honking picture of it on your blog?  

XOXO,
Suzanne

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Scrapbooking and dollhouse crafts have miniature lights. You need to hit the big box craft stores.
http://www.joann.com/jolee-s-boutique-dimensional-stickers-christmas-lights/zprd_02192128a/

or

http://zoolabees.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1356&cPath=123&gclid=CJem18SQkrMCFdE7Ogod6kkABA#googlebase

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

By the way, I love the sailboat!

Suzanne said...

Thanks...sometimes it's the little things, huh?