Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bright yellow lemons

I've just started the lemons...upright cross with a bumpy texture on the right side and plain diagonal cashmere on the left side using bright yellow ribbon floss.   Still an experiment but I am learning alot about planning stitches for areas like this, which was my goal.   I want to be able to write all my own stitch guides and plan all my own stitches...which essentially I do, but I want to get a little more advanced/creative.  I welcome any ideas/advice.  :)

I haven't come up with any ideas for the background on this one or the blossoms on this one.  Will most likely use silk ribbon techniques for the blossoms and make them very textural.  There are two bumble bees on these canvases and I think I am going to try to pad the body and then cover with strung beads in stripes.   Then I have to come up with something 3-D for the wings to pop off the canvas.   More to come on those...

Happy Stitching!
XOXO,
Suzanne

3 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Let me think. Buds: beads set among skip tent, all beaded, ribbon floss or silk ribbon in long stitches, French knots (don't ask me why that seems like a good idea!), silk satin stitches with a detached buttonhole edge. DMC's memory thread makes great wings. Kreinik has Hot Wire, which is a wired metallic but only available in #16 I think. How about a darning stitch that looks like rain for the background? Or something with a pretty Bargello in a gentle wave. Just ideas.

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh...this is exactly why I started this blog...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the wonderful ideas of my fellow stitchers! Thanks so much! So exciting!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Let's just hope that my ideas give you ideas, even if it is just "I hate that; I'll do this instead."

Like the burden stitch background behind the lemons, by the way.